Insurance for Blocks of Residential Flats

Ferndale letter first letter in red

Blocks of Residential Apartments

Blocks of Residential Apartments do have special insurance needs. An off-the-shelf policy may not provide sufficient cover, and cutting corners on insurance can have consequences at a later date, creating extra work for you and certainly compromising your relationship with service charge payers.

As a specialist in buildings insurance for blocks of flats, Ferndale can negotiate policies specially tailored for your block of flats at competitive rates. As we work with a specialist panel of leading insurers, we are able to provide comprehensive cover at competitive premiums.

Our cover will typically include:

  • Accidental loss and damage to buildings, outbuildings, paths and fences
  • Storm damage to hedges, gates and fences
  • Loss of metered water
  • Accidental damage and tree root damage to cables and underground services, including septic tanks
  • Cost incurred in tracing and accessing damaged service pipes
  • Architects' and surveyors' fees during reinstatement
  • Loss of rent and alternative accommodation — including pets
  • Replacement locks following loss of keys
  • Gardening equipment
  • Damage to gardens caused by emergency services
  • Legal fees for removal of squatters
  • Removal of bees or wasps' nests
  • Cover for temporarily unoccupied flats
  • Contents of communal areas of the building, including carpets (not on all policies)
  • Property owners' liability
  • Employers' liability — certain information is required if employer's liability insurance is required
  • Terrorism cover is available on request


  • Option to pay by monthly installments
  • Index-linked adjustment of sum insured
  • 24-hour glass and lock replacement (on some policies only)
Block of flats